If you're an experienced mobile developer, you probably already are using APIs. If you're just starting out, it's a good time to look into it. We've been working hard with AT&T to create the Mobile Developer's Guide to API's. It's a free download, or you can find a physical copy at a WIP or AT&T Developer Event. In the guide, we cover everything from the basics like:
- What is an API?
- What can I do with an API?
- Device APIs vs External APIs vs Network APIs
We then take a deeper dive on understanding API Technology with topics such as:
- How does a RESTful API work?
- RESTful vs SOAP APis
- API Error Handling
and finally, we take a look at the different types of APIs and how they can help your services/apps covering:
- Advertisng and Analytics APIs
- Location and Mapping APIs
- Messaging API's
- Payments and Commerce API's
- and more!
Download today and let us know what you think!